123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer
Steps involved in 123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup
- Step 1: Unpack the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
- Step 2: Connect the Power Cord and Adjust your Preferences
- Step 3: Control Panel preferences Setup
- Step 4: Ink Cartridge Installation
- Step 5: HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver Installation
Unpack the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
- Open the packed box by popping the tape and pry back the flaps. Inside the box, you could find the installation cd or DVD for both windows and mac.
- If you misplace this disk you can download the software form the online network at 123.hp.com/ojpro8710.
- Next, you could see read iris pro installation disc. It is an optical character recognition software that helps in converting written text tin to document that can be edited on to your computer.
- The setup flyer will be provided which gives you the basic setup instructions for your printer. And also Hp ink cartridge caution flyer will be provided that helps you to keep your printer in good condition.
- There will be a user guide for setting additional features and offers ink replacement flyer for replacement of ink cartridge hence byer can make use of it.
- At the sides of the box inside power card and phone cables are kept used to supply power and for faxing purpose respectively.
- Then we have setup cartridges, they are used to initialize the printer and calibrate the ink levels.
- Now best way to remove the printer from the cardboard is place the printer on the flat surface on its sides. Pull out the Styrofoam end caps and grab the polythene cover to remove the printer out.
- Uncover the polythene bag and remove all visible blue taps that are stuck around the printer
- Be careful while removing the blue tap and cellophane covering the control panel without damaging it.
- Remove any protective think plastic around the smooth black areas of the printer.
- Open the scanner lid and remove the foam sheet and close it.
- Then at the front side of the printer, slide out the input tray and remove the blue tap and cardboard restrain and slide in the input tray.
- All the package wastes of hp can be recycled. For more information visit hp.com
Connect the Power Cord and Adjust your Preferences
- For connecting the power cord, go to the rear side of the printer.
- Remove the twist tie from the power the power cord and plug it into the back of the printer. Be careful while connecting the power cord to the printer.
- While connecting the power card use the manual provided to see which port is used to supply power to the printer.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the printer at their respective slot and other ends of the power cord to the wall outlet or power strip for the supply of power source
- Switch to the power supply form the source and then power on the button by pressing the button provided on the printer.
- Once the switch is pressed, printer turns on. This indication is given by the bright light visible on the control panel.
- The printer starts making some noise. This indicates that printer is initializing.
Control Panel preferences Setup
- Once the noise gets stopped and printer becomes idle, control panel displays to choose the required language you want.
- You must choose your prescribed language by touching on it respectively
- After selecting the language click yes to continue the process
- Then the printer displays to choose the country or region where you use this printer.
- Again you must choose the required country by touch on it respectively.
- After selecting your country or region click yes to confirm.
- Next, it asks you to set the date and time for your reference
- For each operation, touch continues to move further steps. Then select continue setup that is displayed on the screen.
- From The printer setup environmental screen, you can touch self-managed or It managed one
- It managed is for advanced configuration used mostly by IT departments. But most users touch self-managed one.
- Full printer setup gets displayed select continue. Checking the printer process will process.
- Then printer will request you to install the cartridges to the printer at their respective places.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Ink Cartridge Installation
- Open the ink cartridge access door and then take the ink bundle of ink cartridges that are provide with the package.
- Ink cartridges have colors of 952 black, cyan, yellow and magenta inks
- Remove the cartridges from the packages and when setting up the printer ensure that only you use setup hp cartridges that came with the printer.
- You just start with the magenta color by inserting it into is corresponding slot of the printer head.
- You will have to push it until you feel it snap in the place. These cartridges are like keys they go only to their corresponding slots.
- Next install yellow then cyan and at last black in the same way. Usually the black cartridge will be noticeably larger because they are used often.
- Then close the access door carefully before that you check the cartridges are at their respective slots. The colors are also mentioned on their slots so you can inter check them.
- The printer will check the cartridge and prompt you to load the paper.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Test page print
- Fist slide out the input tray. Then align the stack of paper on the flat surface and load it to the input tray.
- Then Slide the paper width and length guides inward until they stop at the edge of the paper and make sure that paper does not bend.
- Slide in the input tray. Then switch on the power button to turn on the printer.
- To the control panel select setup option and then touch printer’s report.
- Then again proceed by touching printer status report and click ok to confirm it.
- And at last, the test page gets printed
- Based on the condition and quality of print you can find whether your printer works correctly or not.
- To perform whole features from your Computer, You have to do 123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver Download and Install on your Computer.